The pandemic brought to the fore the issue of the safety of health professionals working on the front lines with these patients. The exposure of professionals to patients hospitalized due to Covid – 19 brings a high risk of contamination. Full dressing and de-dressing are required every time a professional accesses a bed. This increases expenses on personal protective equipment (PPE).
The absence of health professionals also reflects a reduction in the number of employees in health care services. According to data from the World Health Organization, the percentage of health workers affected by Covid – 19 reaches 10%.
The New IdeiaGov notice seeks to identify and support the development of technological and innovative solutions that allow the monitoring of vital signs and remote medication of hospitalized patients. The solution will bring efficiency and safety to health professionals in the fight against Covid – 19 and can still be used for other infectious diseases.
- Access to specialists from the Hospital das Clínicas, the Secretariat of Health of the State of Sao Paulo, the Institute of Technological Research of São Paulo – IPT, and the Data Processing Company of the State of São Paulo-PRODESP, for guidance and support in the potential implementation of pilot projects and the use of laboratory infrastructure.
- Application of the solution in real use environments for validation in the Hospital das Clínicas and other organs, providing the ability to scale in the public health system.
The Review Committee will verify the relevance, adequacy, and merit of the proposals submitted, according to the following criteria:
- Differentials of the solution from other technologies and options on the market;
- Stage or degree of maturity of the solution;
- Barriers regarding solution development and production (legal, operational, resource);
- Estimated deadlines for the production and delivery of the product.