CHANGING THE ENERGY MATRIX
HOW CAN WE CAPTURE, STORE, REMOVE CARBON FROM THE ATMOSPHERE, ESPECIALLY IN URBAN AND INDUSTRIAL CENTRES?
HOW CAN WE REDUCE THE EMISSION OF GREENHOUSE GASES IN URBAN AND INDUSTRIAL CENTRES BY ADOPTING NEW EQUIPMENT AND PRODUCTS WITH GREATER ENERGY EFFICIENCY?
The implementation of actions that can promote the restoration of vegetation cover will enable areas of cover to be expanded from 23% to 29% in 2050 in the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Thus, by 2050, vegetation restoration may reach 86% of the 133 municipalities that today have less than 10% of native vegetation. If this threshold is reached, these municipalities will become non-degraded. In that same year, at least 235 municipalities (36% of the state’s total), currently with rates between 10% and 30% of native vegetation, may have their coverage increased to at least 30%. These municipalities will become considered suitable for forest physiognomies, that is, with a balance in the landscape between its aspects of conservation and economic use.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Collaboration and synergy with startups and the UK ecosystem: Support to establish partnerships and business opportunities between the participating companies and the region’s ecosystem.
- Acceleration Program 100% online and with asynchronous activities: Workshops, mentoring and connections with relevant stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem.
- Participation in the COP26 Showcase of the startup’s solution during the COP26 event, promoted by the UN, in Glascow, UK, in November 2021, generating great visibility for the company.
- Participation in the Scale Up Programme, of the Civitech Alliance: Inclusion in the Brazilian program of the international program with 10 countries promoted by the Civitech Alliance, in partnership with Brazilab and InvestSP, about investments, the Brazilian scenario of Govtechs and Civitechs, and how to do business in Brazil and in the UK.
- Approaching the public sector: Mentoring and conversations with public servants from SIMA for a deeper understanding of the challenges, as well as content on public procurement and legislation.
- Networking through the Impact Hub and Catapult Communities: Important connections with stakeholders in Brazil, Latin America and the UK, and access to content, mentoring and events. Networking with relevant players in the impact, entrepreneurship and public innovation ecosystem and with investors.
- Access to IdeiaGov’s coworking space: Free access to the coworking space in the city of São Paulo*.
* Due to the pandemic, the space will be subject to the current rules, and the situation of opening and closing should be consulted before use.